Friday, May 25, 2018

AVAILABLE NOW: JAXON: THE ASSIGNMENT (INDIE REBELS) BY MIRANDA P. CHARLES

 

 

 

 

 

Jaxon: The Assignment
Miranda P Charles
Release Date May 22, 2018

 


Blurb:


To save his long-lost brother from the clutches of a criminal syndicate, Jaxon has to endanger the life of the woman he is assigned to protect. But how can he betray the one person who wants to give him her whole heart?
Jaxon Caine refuses to respond to Holly Stirling’s flirtations no matter how attracted he is to the superstar singer. Dating her means being dragged into the limelight, and he can’t stomach the thought of subjecting Holly to the kind of scrutiny she’s bound to get if his family secrets are uncovered. But when his long-lost brother suddenly shows up as Holly’s bodyguard, Jaxon is thrown into Holly’s space. He is assigned by the Indie Rebels—a covert crime-fighting group—to investigate his brother. But this assignment means endangering Holly. Can he forgive himself if anything happens to her?
Holly Stirling is one of the most fortunate women on the planet with her successful career and legions of fans. But when it comes to love, her heart keeps getting broken. It’s no different with Jaxon Caine, who continues to reject her. To her surprise, though, Jaxon seems jealous of her new bodyguard. Could it be he’s interested after all?
As Holly and Jaxon become closer, the threat against her grows, forcing Jaxon to choose between his duty and his heart.

 

Jaxon: The Assignment can be read as a standalone novel or as book 2 of the Indie Rebels series, where steamy, heart-melting romance meets danger, mystery and suspense.


Amazon Kindle: http://smarturl.it/jaxsonamazon


B&N Nook: http://smarturl.it/jaxonnook


Kobo: http://smarturl.it/jaxonkobo


iBooks: http://smarturl.it/jaxonibooks

 

 

 

REVIEWJAXON: THE ASSIGNMENT (INDIE REBELS) BY MIRANDA P. CHARLES

 

 

Jaxon: The Assignment (Indie Rebels Book 2)Jaxon: The Assignment by Miranda P. Charles

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Jaxon just found his heart. Holly is everything he never wanted, but now can't live without. Will he risk his happiness and her safety for an assignment? Holly puts her heart into everything she does. Her music brings her professional success, but the star with a multitude of fans who seems like she has it all is a failure when it comes to matters of the heart. The man of her dreams just walked into her life. Jaxon is mysterious, aloof and sexy as can be, but his secrets could cost her more than her heart. Ms. Charles taunts with a tempting romance that becomes a dangerous liaison. Jaxon: The Assignment is a heartstopping heartbreaker from start to finish. A battle of the mind and heart.



View all my reviews

 


Excerpt:


When Jaxon was nearing the end, she checked the timer. “You can beat him, Jax! You’re very close!”
“I never got this kind of cheering from you,” Xavier said dryly.
Holly laughed. She loved Xavier, but she wanted Jaxon to beat him just this once.
Jaxon reached the end, and Xavier stopped the time.
“I don’t believe this,” Xavier said incredulously.
“What’s my time?” Jaxon asked, grabbing a towel and wiping his face as he walked towards them.
“Two minutes, twenty-nine seconds!” Holly cried jubilantly.
Jaxon appeared shocked. “I now hold the fastest record on Obstacle X?”
“By only one second,” Xavier pointed out, extending his hand for a shake. “Congrats, bro. I’m happy for you. Celebrate as much as you can, because you won’t be holding this record for long.”
Jaxon turned to Holly and, to her delight, he pulled her into his arms and lifted her off the floor. “Thanks, babe. You did inspire me.”
She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips.
“Oh, God,” Xavier said. “I knew this would happen. You said you weren’t interested,” he said to Jaxon with a hint of accusation.
“Your sister’s irresistible.”
Holly giggled, placing her head on Jaxon’s shoulder.
Xavier shook his head.
“Come on, bro, this isn’t some fling,” Jaxon said quietly.
Xavier stared at them, looking unconvinced.
Holly frowned. “Don’t you like Jax for me? He’s your friend and you know what a top guy he is.”
“Of course I know that,” Xavier said.
“Then don’t you want me for Jax?” she asked in a colder tone.
Xavier snorted. “Don’t be ridiculous.”
“Then why aren’t you happy for us.”
Xavier heaved, exchanging a glance with Jaxon. “I’m not unhappy. I’m just really surprised.”
“Why?” Holly prodded.
Jaxon sighed. “Because I told him before there’s no way I’m dating a celebrity.”
She smiled. Yes, she knew how much he’d fought his attraction to her.
Jaxon enveloped her in his arms. “But now I don’t care. You know I want to be with you.”
She beamed at him and kissed him once more.
“Okay, fine,” Xavier said. “I’ve recovered from my shock now.”
“Tell me you approve of this,” Holly pleaded. “Not that I’d obey you if you tell me I should ditch him, but I don’t want this affecting your friendship.”
Xavier grinned. “’Course, I approve. And don’t worry. I’ll always be on Jax’s side if you two fight.”
Holly playfully punched Xavier’s arm.
“Thanks, bro,” Jaxon said. “Well, I better get showered. I promised your sister a surprise.”
“What surprise?” Xavier asked.
“It’s for Holly to find out.”
“I can’t wait,” Holly said. “I’m glad I have my disguise on. I bet he’s taking me out to dinner somewhere public.”
“I won’t be long,” Jaxon said with a laugh, giving her a peck on the lips before heading to the men’s shower room.
“You better go to my office. Other people are going to start using this room in a couple of minutes.” Then Xavier started following Jaxon.
“Xave,” Holly called out in warning.
“What? I need to take a leak,” Xavier said innocently.
Holly rolled her eyes. What she’d give to listen to their conversation.
Anyway, Jaxon could handle her brother, so she went to Xavier’s office and took out her phone for something to do. A short while later, a text message from Eve came through.
One of our reporters asked me if you’re hiding in Avalon. I denied it, but apparently a rumour is starting to swirl around that you’re staying at one of Xavier’s friends’ places.
“Damn it!” She stared at her phone in dismay. How the hell did they know?
Had someone seen her when Xavier had taken her home this morning? She hadn’t been wearing her disguise then because she hadn’t brought it with her, and she hadn’t crouched the whole time. It had been a twenty-minute drive.
Her heart sank. Did that mean she couldn’t stay with Jaxon anymore?
“Hey,” Xavier said, coming back.
Holly handed her phone to her brother.
“What? Who the fuck told them?”

 


About Miranda:

 

 

 

Miranda P. Charles is the author of more than eighteen steamy and stirring contemporary romance novels.
She prefers to spend her time in front of her laptop, putting into words the love stories that play in her head. Don't get her started with reading a great book, though, because she has the tendency to not put it down until she gets to the last page.
She does have a life outside of books. Mostly, that consists of bonding with family and friends or going on romantic trips with her awesome husband (who, thankfully, puts up with her hermit-like daily routine). Oh, yeah, there's also the housework. But she really wishes someone else could do that for her so she could get back to her books!
She lives in the beautiful city of Sydney, Australia.

 


Website: http://mirandapcharles.com/


Newsletter: http://mirandapcharles.com/subscribe/


Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6549987.Miranda_P_Charles


Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Miranda-P.-Charles/e/B008W0FVS6/


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MirandaPCharles/


Twitter: https://twitter.com/mirandapcharles


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mirandapcharles_romanceauthor/


Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/miranda-p-charles

 

 

Original post: ishacoleman7.booklikes.com/post/1669974/available-now-jaxon-the-assignment-indie-rebels-by-miranda-p-charles

No comments:

Post a Comment