Saturday, May 26, 2018

NEW RELEASE: COMPROMISING THE BILLIONAIRE BY IVY LAYNE

 

 

 

Ivy Layne
Compromising the Billionaire
Past Date 05/26/2018


Blurb:


It's hard to believe the sweet blond is a stone-cold criminal.
Those lavender eyes. Her lush mouth.
That body.
I won’t be taken in by a sweet pair of tits and long legs.
She’s after my company. She’s after me.
You know what they say about enemies.
I need her close, so I can figure out exactly what she’s up to.
It’s all business, I swear.
The more I'm with her, the harder she is to resist.
She's an ice sculpture of a woman: perfect and untouchable.
But I see the spark in her eyes, the fire beneath the surface.
I need her to ignite. Just for me.
What do I do when I discover the truth? She’s everything I suspected her of and worse.
But the real shock?
She’s not the villain in this story.
I am.
Somehow, I have to find a way to make it right before I lose the best thing that’s ever happened to me.


https://ivylayne.com/books/compromising-the-billionaire


Excerpt:


A brisk knock sounded on my door and I let out a barely audible eep before pulling myself together and turning my chair to see my supervisor, Carlisle, in the open doorway.
“So, how did it go?” he asked.
“Mr. Winters offered me a position as his fifth executive assistant,” I said, smoothing my skirt over my knees. “He said you recommended me.”
“I did, though I have to admit I was hoping he’d pick someone else. You’ve been an asset to this department. We’ll be sorry to lose you.”
“Thank you. It’s going to be an adjustment.”
Carlisle gave a slow nod, and I didn’t miss the speculation in his eyes. I couldn’t tell him that I didn’t want to take the job, and he was too polite to point out that I wasn’t qualified for it in the first place.
I was sure he wanted to ask what was going on, but my stiff, formal demeanor held him back. I wasn’t friendly or easy-going. Not in general, and especially not in the office.
Friendliness was not a quality prized in our household when I was growing up. Composure was our highest ideal. Never reveal emotion. Never let anyone know what you’re thinking. Hide your flaws and show only perfection.
Carlisle was a nice guy from what I’d seen, and I wanted to confide in him. Not about my true reason for taking the job. I wasn’t an idiot. I wanted to tell him that I was intimidated by Aiden Winters and afraid I wouldn’t be up for the task, and that I’d really rather stay exactly where I was.
Except I couldn’t say any of that.
First of all, because that kind of confession was so far from my normal behavior I suspected if I opened my mouth to speak no sound would come out.
And second, because if I did manage to confide in my supervisor, and if he did feel sorry for me and intercede on my behalf, Aiden would tell him I was an imposter and kick me out on my ass.
I was on my own, and if I had any hope of succeeding at my task I had to keep cool and stay focused.
So Aiden wanted to keep an eye on me?
Let him.
I’d figure out a way to work around him.
No man with that much power, that much money, could truly be a good person. I’d met enough men like him to know the truth. He could be compromised. I just had to keep looking for a way in.

 

 


About Ivy Layne:

 

 

 

Ivy Layne has had her nose stuck in a book since she learned to decipher the English language. Sometime in her early teens, she stumbled across her first Romance, and the die was cast. Though she pretended to pay attention to her creative writing professors, she dreamed of writing steamy romance instead of literary fiction. These days, she’s neck deep in alpha heroes and the smart, sexy women who love them.
Married to her very own alpha hero (who rubs her back after a long day of typing, but also leaves his socks on the floor). Ivy lives in the mountains of North Carolina where she and her other half are having a blast raising two energetic little boys. Aside from her family, Ivy’s greatest loves are coffee and chocolate, preferably together.


Website: https://ivylayne.com/


Newsletter: http://ivylayne.com/get-your-free-books


Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15317867.Ivy_Layne


Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Ivy-Layne/e/B01GQZTTD6/


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorIvyLayne


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorivylayne/

 

Original post: ishacoleman7.booklikes.com/post/1669990/new-release-compromising-the-billionaire-by-ivy-layne

No comments:

Post a Comment