Friday, November 22, 2019

HAPPY BOOK WEEK: THE ART OF GHOSTING BY ASHLEY HASTINGS

 

 





Release Tour for The Art of Ghosting by Ashley Hastings


Brought to you by Forever Write PR







Based in her fictional town, Peacock, Mississippi, author Ashley Hastings brings you a little suspense along with a little history in her new romance, THE ART OF GHOSTING. Alice won’t be tied down and James lives for no-strings hookups but when they find a 100-year olf journal they both to fall in love alongside the journal’s writer. Fans of strong heroines, historical elements will adore this small town, suspenseful yet humorous hot and sexy romance. 




READ TODAY!

 









Alice won’t be tied down, not to a man, a place, or a house plant. Even her job as a traveling nurse allows her to go where she wants, when she wants. And men? She enjoys their company, but when a man gets too close, it must be time to ghost him. 







James is a man whore who lives for the no-strings hookup.
James thinks he has it made with Alice - until he falls hard
for her and starts second-guessing his playboy ways. 





When James and Alice discover a 100-year-old journal in the
walls of an old house she has inherited, they learn to fall in
love alongside the writer of the diary. But do they have a
ghost of a chance of making this relationship work? 





The Art of Ghosting is a standalone in a series of interconnecting
novels. All of the books are set in the small, fictional town of
Peacock, and the characters cross over from book to book.
Although the books are linked, you can jump in and start
reading with any book. Dual POV, contemporary romance
with strong historical elements. 




Read for FREE only on Kindle Unlimted!!















Excerpt 


Copyright @ Ashley Hastings 2019 




Okay, enough. I was going after this woman. I would look at the house,
make my recommendations, and then I would ask her out.
No harm in making it an actual date, right?
I would take her out for dinner, and we could share a good bottle of
wine and even better conversation. I wanted to get to know her.
I wanted to hear about her travels and why she had chosen
such a vagabond existence.
So what that I was deviating from my usual routine.
Yes, I trolled bars and looked for the easy hookup, no strings attached.
Dinner never happened, and conversation was kept to a minimum.
But that was okay. Was there really a problem with becoming
friends before we had sex? I would be clear on my expectations
and expect the same from her.
No problem.
I took about two minutes to unpack, which consisted of throwing
my folded clothes into the dresser and putting toiletries
in the bathroom. I would worry about cleaning and uncovering the
furniture later.
Right now, I had a woman to woo.
After stopping at my truck to grab my toolbox, I walked back to
the main house and let myself in, making a note to get a
copy of the key from Alice. I made my way back down to the
basement, figuring that was as good a place to start as any.
I was surprised to see Alice on all fours at the entrance
to the closet underneath the stairs. I took a moment to
appreciate the view, because I’m still a man, before saying her name.
She jumped.
“Oh!” Alice got to her feet in a hurry. “You snuck up on me.
I’m trying to get Sharpie to come out of hiding.”
“I forgot he was in here.” I crossed over to where she stood and
peered into the closet. “I don’t see him.”
“He ran in here a minute ago, and I think he might actually
be in the wall. See that little panel?” Alice pointed to an access
panel I assumed hid some sort of plumbing or electrical system.
It was ajar.
She leaned into me, trying to get a better look in the
gloomy basement. My brain promptly short-circuited as I breathed
in her natural scent. Like rainwater or newly fallen snow. Fresh and beautiful.
Shaking it off, I reached in the toolbox for my flashlight and
switched it on. I illuminated the dark corner of the closet, and
Alice stepped in front of me. Crouched down on the floor again,
she called for Sharpie, and his shining eyes appeared.
Alice held out her hand, and Sharpie slowly advanced,
finally giving in to head butt her outstretched hand.
His purr filled the closet.
Alice rubbed his head. “Does that feel good, Little Sir?”
I bet it did.
“This is an odd place for an access panel.
I mean, it’s so low to the ground.” I was mostly talking to
myself, but Alice nodded.
“Yeah. And it’s kind of hidden. If it were closed, I don’t think
I would even realize it was here.” She pulled the panel open wider
so I could see inside.
Nothing.
I leaned in further and shone the flashlight deeper into
the panel opening. Still seeing nothing of interest, I stepped back.
Alice stopped me with one dainty hand on my arm. “Wait! What was that?”
Alice fished her hand around, out of my view, and pulled out
a small cloth bundle with a triumphant flourish.
We stepped out of the cramped closet, and Alice unwrapped her find.
We stared at a small, leather book of some kind.
Alice opened the old book with care. Scrawled on the first page with
a feminine hand were the words, “Diary of Willow Baxter, Started
November 1918, Age 16.”
“Holy shit.” I scratched the stubble on my chin with one hand,
still looking at the diary.
Alice did a little happy dance.
“Willow must have lived in the house and hid her diary here.
This is so freaking cool.”
Fuck, she was adorable.
We sat down on the stairs together, and Sharpie sat a few
steps above us, spread his legs, and started cleaning his
asshole with no shame whatsoever.
Fucking cats.
Alice turned the page with extreme care, and her eagerness
to read the secret thoughts of a teenager from over a hundred
years ago made me smile.
“So, let me guess. She’s going to ramble on and on about
petticoats and ribbons or some shit.” I rolled my eyes, prepared to be bored.
Alice punched me in the arm. “Hush! Let me read.”
I was ready for any excuse to spend time with Alice, so I shut my mouth and listened.





Author Ashley Hastings: 




Ashley Hastings latest book is Sweet Talk.
She writes new adult, romantic fiction with a dash of suspense
and a liberal sprinkling of humor. A lifelong Southerner, Ashley
creates quirky characters in a small-town setting.
When she’s not busy plotting her next book, Ashley is
collecting cats and planning a future as a crazy cat lady.




Ashley’s favorite quote is "If opportunity doesn't knock,
build a door," by Milton Berle. She intends to build all the doors.




Follow Ashley: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads







This blogger event is brought to you by Forever Write PR.
For more information, visit our Facebook page!



 

 

Original post: ishacoleman7.booklikes.com/post/1994921/happy-book-week-the-art-of-ghosting-by-ashley-hastings

No comments:

Post a Comment