Wednesday, June 23, 2021

NEW RELEASE: THE FASTBALL (BOYS OF SUMMER) BY A.M. WILLIAMS

 






 



Who says what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? The last thing Callie expected was to wake up married to Derek. He’s all in, but she’s running scared. Can Derek convince Callie to take a chance or will they end up another Las Vegas statistic? Fans of The Play Hard Series by K. Bromberg will devour The Changeup by A.M. Williams, a secret marriage romance.



Read Now!



 



Who says what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?



Callie



Derek Nichols is the first guy I can see myself sticking with for more than one night. He’s nice, easy to talk to, and excellent in bed.



There’s just one problem. He breaks my one rule of relationships: no baseball players.



Only after spending a passionate night together, I’m considering breaking that cardinal rule for one more chance with him.



Derek



Callie Jacobs is the full package when it comes to the women I like. Funny, charismatic, gorgeous, and the list goes on.



After one night together, I know I want more and I have no problem going after what I want. But Callie doesn’t feel the same. She’s happy to call it done.



Then we end up in Vegas with friends and things get a little heated.



We wake up married with no memory of the event, just matching rings as a reminder of our vows to each other.



I’m all in. I’m ready to give this a shot. But Callie is running scared, even though she’s admitted she wants me too.



Each time I see her, I want to hold her close. Each time she pushes me away, I want to reel her back in.



We have to decide if this is what we want or if we’ll just become another Vegas statistic.



The Fastball is the second book in A.M. Williams Boys of Summer baseball romance series. It’s a secret Vegas wedding romance with a man who knows what he wants and a woman who fights her attraction.



If you love men in tight pants and the sassy women they fall for, this series is for you.



This book was previously published as Dirty Pitch. It has been updated with new content and re-edited.



Add to Goodreads!



 



Excerpt



Copyright 2021 A.M. Williams



I froze when Derek started moving. I turned around slowly, watching as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. Maybe if I didn’t move, he wouldn’t see me. 



I wasn’t that lucky as his gaze moved to me.



“How much did I drink last night?” he asked, blinking blearily at me.



“Enough.” My voice was flat and he narrowed his eyes at me.



He stretched. “Why are you in here?”



I cocked a brow and waited. I saw the moment he realized he was wearing a ring on his left hand.He was running his hands through his hair and paused before bringing his hand in front of his face. His eyes widened and met mine. “Is this what I think it is?”



I couldn’t say anything, only nodded, and I held up my hand, wiggling my fingers.



Derek swallowed noticeably, looking from his hand to me and back again. “What the fuck?”



“What the fuck is right,” I returned.



Silence stretched between us. I shifted my weight and realized I needed to get going. I had to pee, wanted a shower, and to crawl back into bed.



Maybe if I went to sleep, I’d wake up only to realize this was a really bizarre dream and that I wasn’t actually married to Derek?



He opened his mouth to say something, but I didn’t care to hear his thoughts. There was too much going on to try to talk this out right then. I slipped my shoes on and started toward the door, snagging my clutch from the bench as I went by.



“Callie! Where are you going?” Derek called out from behind me.



“To my room,” I called over my shoulder. I didn’t wait to hear a response, if he had one. I had to be gone. I couldn’t stay in that room one more moment.



I knew Derek had questions—I had some, too—but I seriously needed a little bit of time to myself to try to remember last night and figure out what I was going to do.
Though, I guessed it should be us figuring out what we were going to do.



I rubbed a hand over my face as Derek’s hotel room door banged shut behind me.



This absolutely couldn’t be happening. I did not just become a statistic and have a quickie wedding in Vegas where me and my groom were so drunk, we didn’t remember it happening. That didn’t happen. Right?



 



About A.M. Williams



 



A.M. Williams is just a simple girl from the south that found herself living abroad. When she’s not annoying her cat or reading, she’s spending time with her husband and traveling as much as possible. She has a serious case of wanderlust and wants to go as many places as possible while she can. She loves Cheerwine, sweet tea, and North Carolina (eastern style) BBQ as well as those crystal clear waters on the North Carolina coast.



FollowFacebook | Twitter | Instagram | Reader Group | Goodreads | BookBub | Website | Amazon 



Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/authoramwilliams



Twitter → https://www.twitter.com/authoramwilliam



Instagram → http://www.instagram.com/authoramwilliams



Reader Group → https://www.facebook.com/groups/literhotties



Goodreads → http://hyperurl.co/qz1trd



BookBub → http://hyperurl.co/hrm5vv



This promotional event is brought to you by Indie Pen PR

No comments:

Post a Comment