Tuesday, June 18, 2024

NEW RELEASE: LUCKY STRIKE (GANGLAND HEARTS) BY ROCHELLE ALLISON


Can distance and trust keep you and those you love safe in the world when the one you can’t resist is the danger? Dive into this suspenseful mafia romance, and discover what happens when you thought you were safe in the world only to come face to face with someone from your past. LUCKY STRIKE by Rochelle Allison is an emotional rollercoaster of romance, swoon, suspense, and passion that will keep you frantically flipping pages.

Read Now!

Amazon https://a.co/d/1FVM6g5

 

  Lucky

I left her once to keep her safe from my world, but now I need someone I can trust to watch my son. Running with this syndicate, I've learned to keep my emotions in check. Compartmentalized. But when Bria walks back into my life, everything comes flooding back—every memory, every kiss. Having her so close to the dangers of my reality is selfish, but my kid comes first. Keeping my distance is critical. It’s also impossible. Bria I never expected to come face to face with Lucky again. Not like this. But he's a single dad now, offering me a job he knows I can’t refuse. I try to keep things professional, but it doesn’t take long for old feelings to resurface. Resisting him is essential. It’s the one thing I’ve never been able to do.



Excerpt

Copyright 2024, Rochelle Allison

After dinner I take a long shower in an effort to relax, to shut off my brain. In the past I’d take care of things myself or maybe text a hookup, but I don’t want just sex. I want Bria. I want the way she touches me, the way she looks at me. I’m fully aware that I’m taking advantage of her proximity, but after “what went down at the beach house, I’m pretty sure she wants me as much as I want her. That’s what I tell myself, anyway, when I open her door again. Without a second thought, I sit beside her, touching her hair, the fullness of her cheek. The almost-full moon beams down through the skylights overhead, washing the room in a gauzy blue. “Lucky?” She stirs after a moment, her voice thick with sleep. “Hey.” I lean over to kiss her temple. “Just wanted to let you know I’m home. I put the bed hog back in his room.” She smiles into her pillow, eyes closed. “He is a little bed hog.” “You have a good day?” “Mhm.” “You miss me?” Another smile. “A little.” “I missed you,” I admit. Rolling onto her side, Bria peels back the covers so I can slip beneath them. She’s warm and soft, and she smells like the lotion she puts on Liam after his bath. We look at each other for a moment, just breathing. “Is everything okay?” she asks eventually. “I don’t know.” She strokes my hair away from my face. “Tell me.” “Every time I think I might be onto something, a new detail pops up and I realize I don’t know shit.” I pause, realizing I feel that way about a couple of things, not just what’s happening with the Bratva. “I don’t know how my dad does this.” “I’m sure it’s difficult for him, too.” “Doesn’t seem like it.” “He’s strong for you, like you’re strong for Liam.” “You know you’re too good for me, right?” I roll Bria onto her back, hovering over her. “You’re too good for all of this.” “Yeah, I’m a real saint,” she says, smirking. “But I can’t let you go.” The truth of it sinks in, making me feel a little desperate. “I think about you all the time.” “I think about you, too, Lucky,” she whispers, pulling me down. I give in and kiss her, finally finding the comfort and distraction I need in the sweetness of her mouth. I love how she touches me, her hands slipping under my t-shirt, her fingertips running up and down my back. How she runs her fingers through my hair, holding me close as we kiss. Pulling back, I drag her pajamas and her panties off, and slip my fingers between the soft, wet lips of her pussy. She arches up with a quiet moan, all sleepiness gone as she acquiesces to my touch. Rubbing my thumb in circles over her clit, I drag my mouth to her throat, knowing how much she loves that. Sure enough, she gasps, her grip on me tightening. I suck on the tender spot beneath her ear, using my teeth, and seconds later she’s coming, riding my hand like she wishes it was something else. Yanking down my sweatpants, I fit myself between her thighs. She tips up her hips and I slip inside, a tropical storm sucking me into its vortex. We kiss, deep and wet, our mouths coalescing, a hungry clash of tongues and teeth. I bury my face in her neck, grinding into her, and she wraps her arms around me, barely letting me move, she’s so tight. It’s too good. I’m too worked up, too close, and I pull out with a guttural groan, spilling all over her belly. A pinprick of guilt pierces the dreamy satisfaction settling over me, and I rise, wincing as I tuck myself back into my pants. “Don’t move,” I tell her, kissing her. Wetting a washcloth from her bathroom, I come back and wipe her off carefully. When I’m finished, I pull her panties back up and wrap myself around her. I want to tell her I love her. That I’d do anything for her. But if we go there, if we start making declarations and commitments, I’ll be even more distracted than I already am. There’s a reason I haven’t been in a real relationship since Liam’s mother died. Maybe that’s not fair, but I don’t have the emotional capacity right now. Too many people depend on me as it is. “I don’t want to fuck this up,” I blurt into Bria’s hair. ?

About Rochelle Allison

 

  Born and raised on the sunny beaches of the US Virgin Islands, Rochelle Allison has been living in her imagination since she was a little girl. Nowadays, Rochelle lives just outside of Atlanta with her one true love and their kids. When she’s not making up stories, she can be found reading, hiking, swimming, playing Wordle or taking pictures. She can almost always be found with a book…and chocolate.

Follow:| Website | TikTok | Instagram | Reader Group | Goodreads | BookBub | Newsletter | Amazon

This promotional event is brought to you by Indie Pen PR


@rochelleallisonwrites

#luckystrike #ganglandheartseries #darkirishmobromance #irishmob #darkromance #badboys #mafiaromance #forcedproximity #differentworlds #secondchanceromance #singledad #nanny #alphamale #alphahero #swoonybadboys #steamyromance #nowlive #mustread #newrelease #ebook #bookstagram #kindleulimited #KU #amazon #authorrochelleallison

@IndiePenPR


No comments:

Post a Comment