Monday, September 27, 2021

NEW RELEASE: THE DECEIT OF A DEVIL (THE TASTE OF AN ENEMY DUET #2) BY HOLLY RENEE

 






Sinless. Stunning. Damaged. Tempting.

 


 


 

The Deceit of a Devil, the second angst-filled new adult romance in The Taste of an Enemy Duet from Holly Renee is available now!

 

 

 

 

Sinless. Stunning. Damaged. Tempting.
Allie Taylor had been the girl I hated for as long as I could remember.
And now she loathed me just as much.
It didn’t matter that I betrayed her to save her.
Completely devastated and infuriated by my dishonesty, she had no intentions of ever trusting me again.
Her trust was shattered, her hate raging on with each second. She would never look at me the same again.
Our past was full of pain and lies that could never be forgotten.
I knew what I did was irreparable, but I refused to let her walk away without another chance.
I should have left things in the past.
I didn’t.
I couldn’t.
I won’t.
I needed her. Even if it cost me everything.

 

 

 

 

Download your copy today!
FREE in Kindle Unlimited


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3gEbTKk


Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/deceitdevil 

 

 

 

Start the duet with The Taste of an Enemy!
FREE in Kindle Unlimited


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3xnd6Le


Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/tasteenemy 

 

 

 

 

Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3rP228A

 

 

Excerpt from The Taste of an Enemy, Book One


“What?” I chuckled as I slipped on my socks and shoes.
“Nothing.” She shrugged her shoulders. “I’m just impressed, is all.”
I chuckled and Beck shoved his sister’s chair, almost making her fall. “That’s my friend, asshole. You don’t get to be impressed.”
“No. She’s right.” Josie was still staring at me too. “I really expected you to have the smallest dick.”
“I feel like I should be offended.” I leaned back in my chair.
“It’s your personality.” Allie shrugged. “You know, cocky guy, small dick. Showy car, small dick.”
“Okay, Allie.” I pressed my elbows into my knees and looked across the fire at her. “Truth or dare?”
She stared at me, and I had a feeling that no matter what she picked she wouldn’t do it. “Truth.”
I let my gaze slide to Eli before it went back to her. I shouldn’t have even called her name. I should just ask her something stupid and move on, but my heart raced in my chest, and I didn’t hesitate with what I asked her next. “When was the last time that you were truly turned on? I mean really and truly, couldn’t-think-about-anything-else turned on?”
A few people snickered, but I didn’t look away from her. She didn’t pull her gaze away from me either as she answered, but I knew her answer was a lie the moment it left her mouth.
“When Eli kissed me.”
“Carson, truth or dare?”
“Truth.”
“When was the last time you were really and truly turned on? And I mean to the point that you actually considered kissing the girl?”
“Oh shit.” That came from Olly, but no one said anything to stop us.
“Just about any time I’m with you, but if you’re looking for a specific moment, the night the cops walked in while I was going down on you.”
Laughter rang out around us, but neither of us was deterred.
“Allie, truth or dare?”
“Truth.” There was no hesitation in her eyes. She wasn’t scared of what I had to say.
“Do you actually like Eli, or are you just pissed off at me?”
“This is the exact reason people think you have a small dick.” She crossed her arms. “You assume that everything anyone does it about you when it isn’t. I actually like Eli, for your information.” She tucked a blonde curl behind her ear. “Carson, truth or dare?”
“This is about to get messy,” Josie whispered to Beck, but I heard her. She was right. It probably was.
“Dare.” I cocked my head to the side and looked at her.
“I dare you to stop being such an asshole and just tell us what the hell your problem is.”
“My problem?” I rubbed at my jaw. “Currently my problem is you. You haven’t barely spoken to me in days, you’ve been avoiding me like the plague at community service, and now…”
“Now what?” She was angry.
“Now I have to sit here and watch you with him.” I pointed at Eli, and he had the nerve to fucking smirk at me.
“I haven’t spoken to you because the last time we spoke, you made it very clear where we stood. I’ve been avoiding you because I don’t want to deal with you, and you’re going to have to continue to watch me with him because I like him. And it’s the oddest thing, but he likes me too.”
“Truth or dare?”
“I’m done playing this stupid game.” She pushed out of her seat, and I knew that Eli was about to follow her.
“Truth or dare, Allie? It’s not that hard.”
She spun back around to face me, and I could see the anger in her eyes. “Fine. Dare.” She held out her arms because she thought by ending the truths, she was going to end this argument between us.
“I dare you to kiss me.”
“That’s not happening.” Eli had the balls to say that out loud to me, and it took everything inside me not to close the space between us and finish what we had started last weekend.
“The last time I checked, you weren’t Allie’s boyfriend, and you don’t speak for her.” I looked back to Allie, and she was staring at me. “Allie can either kiss me or she can drink.” I lifted the bottle of liquor and shook it between us.
“You kissing me changes nothing.” She shook her head.
“Then it won’t hurt.” I shrugged my shoulders and tried to act like I didn’t care one way or another, even though I didn’t know what would happen if she walked away from me now. “If you’re so into Eli and kissing me won’t change anything, then what are you so scared of?”



 

 

 

About Holly

 

 

I’m Holly Renee, a small-town east Tennessee girl who is obsessed with all things romance. I love bringing flawed, sassy, and real characters to life in a way that makes you feel like you’ve been best friends with them for years. No two Holly Renee books are the same, but if you love real, relatable, fun female characters and swoon-worthy heroes, I’m your girl.
When I’m not writing or reading, you can find me momming so hard, being disgustingly in love with my husband, or chilling in the middle of a lake with my sunglasses and a float. #lakelife
I have a 2-year-old adorable little man who is as wild and sweet as they come and a baby girl on the way.

 

 

Connect with Holly


Facebook: https://bit.ly/3Cfk6xt


Amazon: https://amzn.to/2VxNPkE


Instagram: https://bit.ly/2Vn6kIh


Join Holly’s Facebook reader group Hollywood: https://bit.ly/37kgiNb


To stay up to date with Holly join her mailing list: https://bit.ly/3jm5a83


Website: https://www.authorhollyrenee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment