Monday, August 26, 2024

TEASER ALERT: BEAU & AUTUMN BY MACKENZY FOX, DAKOTAH FOX

 





EXCERPT REVEAL



BEAU & AUTUMN by @mackenzyfoxbooks & @dakotahfoxbooks is coming September 2!

#PreOrderHere 

https://books2read.com/BBBbook4 





EXCERPT:

“When I told Carrie about my stupid family and their dumb ass rules, she came up with a plan. Do you want to hear it?” Her giggle has me unable to suppress my grin. 

“Of course I want to hear it. As long as it doesn’t involve me having to do away with any of your potential suitors. I might know some shady people, but not enough to bury a body or anything.”

She sputters with laughter. “Beau! Stop it, my sides are hurting.” 

“So, Carrie?” I prompt. “What was her plan?” 

“Oh! Get this! When I told her about my pathetic day at the bank and being flat broke and the only way out of it was to marry one of my Grandma’s hand-picked-dial-a-husbands, she suggested we get married!” She doubles over laughing. “As in, you and me! Can you believe it?”

I stare at her dumbfounded while she laughs like it’s the most hilarious thing she’s ever heard. Meanwhile, my heart thuds in my chest and my cock grows even harder imagining Autumn as my wife. My wife. Wifey. Oh, fuck. New fantasy unlocked. 

“I’m speechless.” 

She slaps me on the chest lightly. “I know! And then she went on to point out all the great things about you — which I already knew, of course. And how much my parents and Grandma liked you. Isn’t she a hoot?”

I’m still staring. “I guess…”

“You guess? Beau! You’d be my husband…” 

Husband? Oh, no. I’ve reached euphoria just like that.

“And you’d be my wife. All your money problems would be solved.” The words come out without any humor. 

She sobers slightly. “Yeah, and I told her I could never marry anyone for money. No way. When I get married, it’ll be because I’m in love with that person, you know? Marriage is a sacred thing. It’s no laughing matter.”

“But we could get it annulled.” The words leave my mouth before I can stop them.

She stops in her tracks and turns to look at me. “Don’t be crazy, Beau. It was a joke.” 

#mackenzyfox #dakotahfox #stoneycreekseries #kindleunlimited #bookstagram #booktok #spicyromance @theauthor.agency




No comments:

Post a Comment