Tuesday, January 25, 2022

TEASER ALERT TUESDAY: LIFE AFTER WIFE BY AMBER KELLY

 


 

 

 

 

 


 

◼️ ◼️COMING SOON ◼️ ◼️

 

 


Life After Wife, a small town, friends to lovers romance, by Amber Kelly is coming January 31!

 

Add it to your tbr today!

Add it to your TBR--> https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59754615-life-after-wife

 

 

Take a peek inside and don’t forget to pre-order yours!

 

Preorder: https://amzn.to/3pWYKRC

 

REVIEW SIGN UP--> https://forms.gle/WzXb47NGyRR1y72A6

 


 

 

EXCERPT

 

“Having fun?” I ask.

“I don’t know my own mother,” she says.

I lean against the trunk of the tree and watch her spin.

“I don’t know my son either,” she continues.

I stand there in silence and let her talk it out.

“I obviously didn’t know my husband. How did I let this happen?”

It’s a rhetorical question.

“I gave him everything. The best parts of me. I lost my self-worth because of him. What’s left?”

I laugh.

She digs her feet into the ground to bring herself to a halt, and her angry eyes bore into me.

“You think that’s funny?” she asks.

“It’s called self-worth, Taeli. That means the value and love you have for yourself. The pride you have in who you are. No one can take that from you or alter it. It’s who you see when you look in the mirror. Stop looking at yourself through everyone else’s eyes. You know who you are, and their opinions can’t change that,” I tell her.

“You don’t even know me,” she retorts.

“Maybe I don’t, but I do know Leona. She’s kind, funny, and a bit quirky, but she has a big heart. She’s been dealt some hard blows in life, same as you. You should get to know her.”

“Same as me, huh? My husband didn’t die. He ripped our family apart on purpose.”

“It still feels the same. She’s grieving. You’re grieving. The only difference is, she is choosing to move forward, and you are choosing to continue feeling sorry for yourself,” I accuse.

“You want to take me to dinner?” she asks.

“I do.”

“I’ll be ready in five,” she says. She hops out of the swing and hurries into the house, passing Mom and Weston as she goes.

Mom’s eyes follow her inside and then come back to me.

“We’re going to dinner,” I blurt out.

Mom grins, and Weston’s eyebrows rise.

“How did that happen?” he asks.

“I have no idea.”

 

 

 

Blurb:

After my marriage crumbles, I run from the scrutiny of my suburban Stepford-wife life to my hometown of Balsam Ridge, Tennessee, with my son to pick up the pieces.

The small mountain town offers plenty of opportunities for a fresh start: genuine friendships, reconnecting with my mother, and even finding work with the biggest family in town, the Tuttles.

It was only supposed to be for the summer, and catching feelings for someone wasn’t part of the plan, but with his quiet confidence the sexy as sin Graham Tuttle has broken down all my walls.

Now that I’ve found my footing again, should I go back and reclaim my life or take hold of an entirely new one?

 

 

Find more books by Amber Kelly here: www.authoramberkelly.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

#LifeAfterWife #friendstolovers #smalltownromance #mountains #steamy #jolly #lovestory #goodreads #tbr #teasershare #excerptreveal  #wordsmithpublicity

No comments:

Post a Comment