Thursday, December 31, 2015

READ AND REVIEW: THE PROTECTORS SERIES 1-3.

 

 

 

 

DUTY BOUND (THE PROTECTORS #1) BY SAMANTHA CHASE AND NOELLE ADAMS

 

SYNOPSIS

 

I used to think I could be a hero, but one deadly night destroyed that delusion. So I’ve come home defeated. My military career, my best friend, my purpose—all of it is lost.

What I find is her.

She’s my best friend’s sister, and she’s everything I shouldn’t want. She’s on a hopeless quest for answers about her brother’s death, but those are secrets that can never come to light. She’s always been a fighter, and she desperately wants the truth.

I desperately want her.

Someone is trying to kill her now, and she won’t let me keep her safe. I have to do it anyway, even if she doesn’t trust me, even if she hates me for it. A man protects what’s precious to him, whether or not he can ever claim her for his own. So she becomes my purpose.

I’ll become a hero for her.

 

 

 

BUY LINKS

 

Amazon         B & N         IBooks       Kobo

 

 

REVIEW:  DUTY BOUND (THE PROTECTORS #1) BY SAMANTHA CHASE AND NOELLE ADAMS

 

Duty Bound (The Protectors, #1)Duty Bound by Samantha Chase

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Samantha Chase is an author that has been a regular go to for me in the past year.
What I find most appealing about her stories is that she appeals to a basic human need. The characters she creates are searching for the things we all crave: acceptance, hope and love. My familiarity with her writing is what drew me to The Protectors series. Duty Bound is a heartbreaking story. Levi is dealing with so much guilt, pain and upheaval from a traumatizing loss. Harper is suffering through the grief as well having loss her brother. Her search for answers leads her to the one man she believes can supply her with the truth. What ensues is a relationship that neither expected and secrets that could destroy the fragility of it all. Duty Bound is a little bit of a new direction for me in that it is a romantic suspense and although I have read a few, they were not written by Ms. Chase. This story is all that a reader could hope for in a good book.



View all my reviews

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HONOR BOUND (THE PROTECTORS #2) BY SAMANTHA CHASE AND NOELLE ADAMS

 

SYNOPSIS

 

 

 My life was just like any other girl’s until the Maxwell corporate empire ruined my family and stole my future. I’d given up hoping to see justice done, but then the way to right this wrong was dropped in my lap. My job with an event planner can get me into the home of one of Maxwell’s business partners. I can find evidence of what they did to my father. I can make sure they pay.

I wasn’t expecting Sebastian.

Sebastian has been hired for security, but he is also the son of the man I despise. I should hate Sebastian purely on principle. I shouldn’t care that he’s sweet and funny and sexy as hell. He’ll always be a Maxwell, and that means he’s my enemy.

I can’t help but want him anyway.

He seems to want me too, but only for a good time. He’s the son of privilege, and he’ll never be serious about me. He’ll also never betray his family. If he finds out what I’m really doing here, he’ll turn on me in an instant. He’ll keep me from finding justice.

It’s just that I keep finding him instead.

 

 

 

BUY LINKS

 

Amazon         B & N        IBooks        Kobo

 

 

REVIEW:  HONOR BOUND (THE PROTECTORS #2) BY SAMANTHA CHASE AND NOELLE ADAMS

 

Honor Bound (The Protectors, #2)Honor Bound by Samantha Chase

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


How far will you go to avenge someone you love? In Honor Bound Ali risks losing everything, including her heart. With this novel I found every revelation to be better than the one before. Ali may be in over her head but the sacrifices that she makes lead her to not only answers but also love. Ali and Sebastian's story is one about learning to trust your instincts, risk your heart and all that you hold dear. This story was just as good as Duty Bound but had more of a edge of your seat feel to it.



View all my reviews

 

 

 

 

 

 

FOREVER BOUND (THE PROTECTORS #3) BY SAMANTHA CHASE AND NOELLE ADAMS

 

SYNOPSIS

 

I’ve been a lot of things in my life. Marine. Bodyguard. Security expert. Player. Heart-breaker. Occasionally an asshole.

Never a first-grade teacher. Until now.

It’s the most ridiculous undercover security job I’ve ever had to deal with. Corralling a bunch of six-year-olds while I try to do my job and keep anyone from knowing how clueless I really am.

I manage to fool everyone. Except her.

She’s an actual teacher, and she’s determined to find out what I’m really doing here. She doesn’t trust me, and her daughter doesn’t like me.

And the worst part is that I’m starting to like them. A lot.

So now, instead of being the tough guy, I’m stuck with rowdy children and Christmas pageants and falling in love.

It’s not the way I thought I’d spend Christmas.

 

 

BUY LINKS

 

Amazon        B & N        IBooks       Kobo

 

 

REVIEW:  FOREVER BOUND (THE PROTECTORS #3) BY SAMANTHA CHASE AND NOELLE ADAMS

 

Forever Bound (The Protectors, #3)Forever Bound by Samantha Chase

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


AWW!! Have a huge place in my heart for any story has a tough as nails male dealing with young children. The main reason is because that scenario is not often used in romance. By placing Declan in a situation that was foreign to him, the author showed his vulnerabilities and insecurities. It also taught him that it was okay to experience emotion and make personal connections. I loved this story.



View all my reviews

Original post: ishacoleman7.booklikes.com/post/1314830/read-and-review-the-protectors-series-1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment