Tuesday, September 27, 2022

HAPPY BOOK WEEK: THE DONOR BY BRENDA ROTHERT

 


 

"I want your sperm.”

Those were Shelby Grant’s first words to me. Didn’t even want me to buy her a drink first. See, Shelby isn’t like other women. After researching Denver’s most eligible bachelors in search of her ideal sperm donor, she chose me.

As a pro hockey player, I’m used to women wanting things from me, but my swimmers? That’s a new one. Somehow, though, with her color-coded parenting plan, sales pitch, and contract, Shelby sells me on the idea. After my donation, she doesn’t want anything more to do with me.

I can’t seem to stay away, though. As her belly grows and I get to know the tightly wound mom-to-be, I get attached.

Shelby’s jaded about men and I’m not looking to settle down. There are countless reasons why crossing the contractual line between us is a bad idea.

But once Shelby gives birth to our child, all bets are off. Whether I planned for it or not, I have a family now, and I’m not letting go without a fight.



REVIEWTHE DONOR BY BRENDA ROTHERT

 

The DonorThe Donor by Brenda Rothert

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Rothert turns emotions inside out. Beau and Shelby are more them temptation. From heartache to hopeful, The Donor never loses it's soul. Through the drama of life and the pain of disappointment, neither the author or her muses ever lose their optimism.







View all my reviews

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment